Zakat is one of the foundations of our religion: a means for purifying our wealth and taking care of our society. However, it can be challenging to know whether you have calculated your zakat fully and correctly.
If you are like us, you want to make sure that you perfectly perform this pillar of Islam, without any mistakes in the amount of zakat you pay. We created Zakat.fyi to make the process of performing your zakat a lot more transparent and easy to understand.
In particular, Zakat.fyi includes:
- A detailed explanation of 28 kinds of assets and liabilities that are factored into zakat
- The correct way to handle financial investments, such as stocks, mutual funds, and special accounts like 401(k) plans
- A breakdown of various kinds of debt (including mortgages) that affect the Zakat calculation
- Live prices of gold and silver for accurate Zakat calculation
- Correct handling of different currencies
To save you the time of going through endless forums and asking your local imams for their opinion, we created Zakat.fyi to serve you as a secure and Shariah-compliant tool.
Our tool uses Sheikh Joe Bradford's Simple Zakat Guide methodology. In the future, inshaAllah, we expect to launch more accredited opinions from other Islamic Finance experts you can trust.